Estate Planning, Trust and Probate law is a specialized area of the law
and our office is happy to provide you with guidance in the following areas.
General Estate Planning
- Analysis of your situation to determine whether a Trust,Will and/or Powers of Attorney for Health Care orFinancial Matters might benefit you and help you to avoid the potential for probate or a conservatorship in the future
- Review of your existing estate planning arrangement to see if your documents properly suit your needs
- Assistance with personal and real property transfers to new owners
- Analysis of the benefits and downsides of joint tenancy ownership
- Clarification of your estate planning situation following marriage or divorce
- Review and drafting of any necessary Marital Property Agreements
- Assistance to Trustees in Trust administration and transferring property
- Assistance with understanding of various Retirement Plans and the best options for beneficiary designations
Probate and Trust Administration
- Assistance for clients who need help navigating all aspects of the probate process
Estate Tax Considerations for Wealthy Individuals
- Annual lifetime gifting programs to help you avoid estate taxes
- Analysis of more complex Trust forms including life insurance Trusts for clients facing estate tax issues
- Gift Tax instruction and completion of Gift Tax Returns when necessary for gift taxes
- Retirement Plan Gifting Strategies to provide the most substantial gift possible.
- Property tax analysis for transfers of real property.